Hiking is popular in the Great Smoky Mountains and with this warmer weather is a great time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some popular Great Smoky Mountains hiking trails that are easy and a great way to enjoy spring after that long cold winter. Trees are turning green again and the flowers are just starting to make an appearance. Get out there and enjoy nature.
- Sugarlands Valley Trail-an easy 1/2 mile paved and flat trail. Accessible by wheelchair and strollers. Located at Sugarlands Visitors Center near Gatlinburg.
- Gatlinburg Trail- an easy 4 mile riverside trail at Sugarlands Visitor Center near Gatlinburg. Dogs and bicycles allowed on the trail.
- Oconaluftee River Trail- an easy 3 mile trail that follows the Oconaluftee River between oconaluftee Vistitor Center and Cherokee, North Carolina. Another trail where dogs and bicycles are allowed.
- Abrams Falls- an easy 5 mile trail in Cades Cove with Abrams waterfalls.
- Laurel Falls- an easy 2.5 mile easy paved trail located on Little River Road between Townsend and Gatlinburg. A very popular hiking trail.